I fell in that trap, the 2020 pandemic Air Fryer purchase trap. We live in an apartment in NYC. I don’t have a lovely big kitchen island like some of you may, but let me tell you how I made counter space for this gadget. [please do – this is my biggest concern about taking the leap] Believe me when I say it’s clutch if you have kids, and if you don’t and are lazy to cook, it’s also an amazing invention. Fries that aren’t deep fried? Drumsticks in 10 minutes? Sign me up, I was sold.
My husband is the one who I give credit to when it comes to product research. Also, when we have issues he’s the master of tweeting to get revenge and sometimes benefits. Below is the Air Fryer we went with after much deliberation, and it has not let me down. It’s used multiple times a week and saves me on weeknights when the last thing I want to do is cook an elaborate meal. [I never want to cook an elaborate meal tbh]
Instant Pot: Vortex Air Fryer
- 6-in-1 functionality: Fry, Broil, Bake, Roast, Dehydrate, Reheat – it’s everything you’d need in one machine
- Digital touchscreen to make it easy and look sleek
- Easy to clean – you can throw the frying tray into the dishwasher [this is key]
- Dummy proof. You can make almost anything in it and the internet has many recipes ready for you 🙂
- Space. It’s not huge but it does take up space and is not portable or easy to store and take back out. Make sure you measure before you buy.
My OVERALL rating would be a 8/10 – only con is the space issue but that will fix itself if we (ever) move out of the city. This was my biggest fear and what prevented me from taking the leap, but it has been worth finding/making the space.
If you already have an Instant Pot they do make an air fryer lid you can attach on top, which we didn’t learn about until after we purchased this one. This way you don’t need a new appliance, just a new accessory. [wait really?? OK I will try this and report back because I do have an Instant Pot]
Do you have an Air Fryer? If so, what brand and is it better than what I have? Let us know if you buy this one from the link and how you like it!
As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases.